Hello friends of CannaVigilance,
Everybody is getting their black clothes out of the mothballs and reading up on hangover cures for the annual get together in Berlin. The ICBC kicks off next Thursday, 29 June and not only will Cannavigia be there, but CEO Luc Richner will moderate the discussion on Navigating the Regulatory Landscape. Before you meet us there, let’s catch up with what’s been happening in cannabis over the past fortnight.
Event recaps and where to next
We’re excited to bring you an interview with our CEO and co-founder, Luc Richner, following our participation in two influential cannabis gatherings: Cannabis Europa in London and CannaTrade in Zurich. These events have been instrumental in fostering knowledge exchange and shaping the dynamic cannabis industry through face-to-face discussions. Gain valuable insights into the future direction of Cannavigia and stay informed.
Read the interview here!
How hemp & cannabis can support South Africa’s economy, a chat with Trenton Birch
Discover how cannabis is transforming education in an interview with Trenton Birch, CEO of Cheeba Africa. Through their groundbreaking Cheeba Academy, they offer higher education and short courses that target B2B and government contracts, addressing education access issues and providing practical training for the cannabis industry. Amidst challenges, South Africa is embracing change, with hemp and cannabis playing a pivotal role in shaping the country’s future. Explore the potential of cannabis to pave the way for change in South Africa.
Don’t miss this thought-provoking interview, learn more here.
Berlin, see you soon
Join us at the upcoming International Cannabis Business Conference (ICBC) in Berlin, Germany on June 29-30. This event is highly significant as Germany moves closer to legalising cannabis for adult-use. Schedule a meeting now and make sure not to miss our co-founder and CEO, Luc Richner, who will be moderating the panel discussion on “Navigating the Regulatory Landscape” on June 29 at 14:00. Don’t miss the opportunity to catch Luc on another panel discussing “Switzerland and the Netherlands launching pilot projects – a model for Germany and Europe?” on June 28 at 15:00. The panel will be hosted by Anuj Desai from The Cannabis Conversation podcast at the famous Club “Prince Charles” in Berlin-Kreuzberg. Don’t miss out on these exciting events! We look forward to seeing you there!
More upcoming events on our LinkedIn.
A vigilant eye on cannabis news
- Luxembourg’s parliament will vote on adult use and home growing during their session of the week of 26 June. Learn more here.
- Three Australian states were presented with legalisation legislation on 20 June. Read more.
- France has filed a request with the EU to ban all CBD in cosmetics. Find out more.
- Eswatini is off to a rocky start discussing the road to legalisation. Learn more.
- A peer-reviewed study has found that cannabis is helpful to Tourette-syndrome patients. Read more here.
- Scientists have discovered cannabidiol in a common Brazilian plant, opening potential new avenues to produce the increasingly popular substance. Learn more here.
- In good news for phosphate fans, Norway has discovered a huge deposit. More on this here.