Hello friends of CannaVigilance,
Here we are, edging towards the end of another year. Most of us will agree that the year started a bit slow for our industry, but we are now seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and it’s not an oncoming train. One step at a time as we always believe, will get you there. So, this week there is only positive news. Kicking off with the Asia Hemp Expo today, we hope to see some of you in Bangkok. Read on.
Instagram Reveal #WeFlowYourGrow
We’re thrilled to announce the launch of our Instagram account! Dive into the heart of Cannavigia as we deliver more “in-the-field” content, connecting you with our clients, cultivation practices, and insights into the world of cannabis management.
Follow our Instagram for an exclusive behind-the-scenes journey through the lens of Cannavigia software – because streamlining your success is our mission. We hope to see you there!
Article Spotlight: Unveiling the Secrets of Extraction Methods
Explore the importance of choosing the right extraction method with our highlighted article: “How to Choose Your Extraction Method, Including Pros & Cons for Commercial Purposes.” Covering key topics such as factors for choosing a cannabis extraction method and a comprehensive breakdown of various extraction methods, gain valuable insights from industry expert and CEO of Buffalo Extraction Systems, Yogesh Jhamtani.
Dive into the world of cannabis extraction and elevate your facility with knowledge that goes beyond the surface. Learn more on our website.
Feature Updates: Ways to Elevate Your Cannabusiness Every Week
Stay ahead in the game – every Friday we shine a spotlight on a Cannavigia software feature designed to boost your cannabis business and streamline facility management. With a strong focus on cultivation management, we’re dedicated to enhancing our software to cater to your evolving needs.
Discover how to optimise your operations and cultivate success with our Feature Fridays. Stay up to date and connect with us on LinkedIn.
A vigilant eye on cannabis news
- The Japanese government approved a bill seeking to amend its Cannabis Control Act, renaming it ‘Law Concerning Regulation of the Cultivation of Cannabis Plants.’ Japan, one of the world’s strictest and most hostile countries in regard to cannabis reform made these changes that may potentially provide a major boom for the country’s CBD industry and opening the door for the establishment of a medical cannabis and industrial hemp industry.
- In a significant stride toward cannabis reform, South Africa’s National Assembly has granted approval for the Cannabis for Private Purposes Bill, potentially signalling the legalisation of personal marijuana use. This development follows a 2018 judgment that decriminalised private marijuana use.
- Staying in the area…In one of South Africa’s most prominent growing areas, KwaZulu-Natal, the local government has unlocked R107 billion (USD 5.7 billion) in potential investment in the area. The province has begun positioning itself as the largest exporter of cannabis following the passing of the Cannabis for Private Purposes Bill.
- Around eight per cent of Australians are frequent or occasional users of medicinal cannabis in results which suggest rising acceptance of its use. Research among 1,000 Australians revealed evolving attitudes to the drug with 38% saying they know someone who uses medicinal cannabis, rising to 52% among the Gen Z population.
- Germany’s adult-use cannabis legalisation bill, which was expected to pass the Bundestag and take effect before the end of the year, will not receive a vote until December. While it remains to be seen what final tweaks are made to the legalisation bill, the postponed vote means its enactment is likely pushed to 2024.