Hello friends of CannaVigilance,
It was time for the change of season and depending on what side of the equator you live, it’s a time for joy or a time to start getting those Vitamin D tablets ready. Three months left to the end of the year and time to start paying attention to those things that you promised yourself you’ll get done but haven’t gotten around to yet. In the meantime, here’s some news to keep you ahead of the game.
Come with us to the 3rd Medical Cannabis Europe Conference
Our Head of Compliance & Regulatory Affairs, Luis Soares, will be a key speaker at the 3rd Medical Cannabis Europe Conference in Lisbon on September 28-29. This event will address medical cannabis regulations in Portugal and Europe. Luis is an industry expert with 24 years of experience at Infarmed, as well as roles at the World Health Organisation and the European Medicines Agency, you don’t want to miss him share his insights. Join us on September 29th, covering ‘Inspection & Product Registration Trends’ at 09:00 and a keynote on ‘Compliance Challenges in Software Systems’ at 15:15.
Don’t miss this opportunity to navigate the complex world of cannabis regulation with Luis Soares. Find out where Cannavigia will be next by keeping up with us on Linkedin.
Discover the Future of Agriculture with Aeroponics
Is soil the best choice for indoor cultivation? Aeroponics is challenging this age-old notion, sparking lively debates among enthusiasts and sceptics. In our interview with Severin Kobelt, Founder of Sprout Systems, we explore – advantages and disadvantages of aeroponics, cost comparison with other cultivation systems, is this the future of growing?
Join us in uncovering the potential of aeroponics and why it’s causing a stir in the cultivation community. Dive into the full article for valuable insights.
Exclusive first announcement for the 1st EU Cannabis Summit
We’re looking forward to be part of the 1st EU Cannabis Summit in Leuven, Belgium, on October 14, 2023! A gathering of industry professionals, experts, and policymakers – this exclusive B2B conference is designed for industry leaders, offering profound insights into the latest trends, regulatory updates, and networking opportunities.
We’re excited to connect, share expertise, and learn from the best in the industry. Save the date for October 14th and let’s shape the future of cannabis regulation in the European Union together. Stay ahead with the events page on our website.
A vigilant eye on cannabis news
- The Italian government has again done an about-face on CBD, issuing a new decree categorizing the hemp-derived compound as a narcotic substance. The change comes after a similar decree in 2020 was reversed days after it was issued.
- Medicinal cannabis producers in New Zealand are looking at growing more plants and exploring different product options as regulations are being relaxed. The government has approved changes to their medicinal cannabis scheme, expected to make it cheaper for patients getting a prescription.
- Thailand’s new prime minister said he was against the recreational use of cannabis. But he reiterated the importance of compromising with former rivals to find a “middle ground” for the benefit of the people.
- Cannabis is grown on every continent except Antarctica, but this was not always the case. New Scientist magazine takes a look at how cannabis spread throughout the world.
- National Geographic speculates on what city will replace Amsterdam as a cannabis tourism mecca. This is worth a reputed $17 billion per annum.
- Thailand’s new prime minister has said his government will “rectify” its cannabis policy and limit its use to medical purposes within six months. When asked if there will be a compromise for recreational use, the answer was “no.”