Hello friends of CannaVigilance,
It is the change of season again that brings either heat or cold, work or hibernation – especially if you’re a bear. So, while you are either putting the winter jacket away or taking it out, we have a newsletter for you this week as diverse as opinions on legalisation. As we will see, if you are the Bavarian Minister of Health your opinion is quite far removed from say for instance that of the Moroccan Minister of Health. Happy reading.
Bright Insights: Exploring the Power of Light in Cannabis Cultivation
Unlike the 3,000 organisms that can thrive without photosynthesis, cannabis heavily relies on light for optimal growth. We explore how choosing the right lighting can make or break your crop. Uncover the significance of light in cannabis cultivation as we delve into its influence in our latest blog article. With insights from Jörg Meyer-Brenken, Lead Account Manager for Cannabis at Fluence, we explore how factors such as light intensity, photoperiod, spectrum, and light technology can impact your cannabis yields.
Learn how to optimise your growth with light.
Switzerland’s Cannabis Dilemma: From Prohibition to Pilot Trials
In Switzerland, the Federal Office of Public Health (FOPH) oversees the country’s healthcare system and is responsible for regulating cannabis as a prohibited narcotic drug. However, the prohibition resulted in potentially unsafe products, inadequate measures to minimise harm, and the unfortunate criminalisation of individuals who consume it. But there’s some positive news! In May 2021, an important amendment was passed by the Swiss parliament, allowing for the conduct of cannabis pilot trials. These trials aim to gather scientific evidence on the effects of regulated access to recreational cannabis compared to the illicit market. The studies, such as the first approved trial called Weed Care, will provide valuable insights into the impact on problematic cannabis use, mental health, and physical well-being. The data gathered will play a crucial role in shaping future policies and regulations surrounding the cannabis industry in Switzerland.
Find out how the FOPH intends on tackling this matter.
Discover Marry Jane: The Leading Swiss Company for High-Quality CBD Flowers and their journey towards GACP certification
In this exclusive interview, we dive into the success story of Marry Jane, a Swiss company specialising in premium CBD flowers. With their state-of-the-art CBD facility and a commitment to quality, Marry Jane caters to wholesale customers and end consumers alike. Discover how they leverage Cannavigia’s software and consulting services to achieve their goals, while gaining insights into the thriving Swiss cannabis industry and Marry Jane’s journey towards Good Agricultural and Collection Practices (GACP) certification.
A vigilant eye on cannabis news
- Officials have backtracked on a move to ban the sale of CBD in the Czech Republic. Find out more here.
- This month the Moroccan government allowed farmers to begin cultivation of cannabis for the legal market. Learn more.
- Years of hybridisation and uncontrolled crossbreeding of cannabis have prompted Moroccan scientists to question the survival of the local variety. More on this here.
- Germany is moving toward partial legalisation of cannabis, but Bavaria is voicing strong opposition. Find out more.
- Switzerland has given the green light to more cities to launch trials on the sale of legal cannabis. Read more.
- And on a lighter note…One of the potential Prime Ministers of Thailand cast his vote in the recent election wearing a cannabis themed shirt. Learn more here.