Hello friends of CannaVigilance,
This week’s newsletter is a smorgasbord jumping between continents and subjects – Africa, Europe and of course Southeast Asia. We kick off in Lesotho before delving into the latest updates on cannabis legislation in Europe. As convention and expo season is in full force, we provide a reminder of the upcoming trade shows we’ll be attending. In terms of news, we have a look at the problems in North Macedonia and the effect that THC has on worms (strictly for scientific research purposes). Happy reading.
What’s going on in Lesotho?
Did you know that Lesotho is emerging as a major player in the global cannabis industry? Deon Maas talks to Tseli Khiba, founder and CEO of Oane Solutions to answer questions about the current state of things in the Mountain Kingdom and what will make them move.
Read the exclusive interview here
What’s happening with cannabis in Europe?
An in-depth look at the latest developments and trends across the continent. From regulatory changes to emerging business models – whether you’re a cannabis industry insider or simply a curious consumer, you won’t want to miss this informative resource.
Read the article here.
Discover cannabis trends & Cannavigia at these upcoming trade shows
Get an overview of the top cannabis trade shows in 2023 and discover how you can find Cannavigia at these events. The first show is Cannabis Europa, taking place on 2-3 May in London, followed by CannaTrade from 12-14 May in Zurich. Don’t miss the opportunity to see CEO Luc Richner and product manager Pia Meyer take the stage for their presentation and panels at both shows!
Need specific dates and locations? Read here
If you want to be the first to know where we are heading next, our LinkedIn will keep you up to date.
A vigilant eye on cannabis news
- In an interview with Time Magazine, Thailand’s Deputy Prime Minister and Health Minister, Anutin Charnvirakul, gives his reasoning for driving the legislation that changed cannabis laws in the country. Find out more here.
- Cannabis grown under medical license in North Macedonia has been diverted to the black market. Read the reason here.
- A citizens’ initiative aiming to legalise cannabis in Finland will go to Parliament for consideration. Find out more.
- The first parliamentary debate on the economic benefits of the UK medical cannabis industry happened last week. Read more here.
- The government of Luxembourg will soon be presented with the details from a pilot project, find out more.
- On a lighter note… It is not just humans that get the munchies: worms also display the same craving for their favourite snacks after consuming cannabis. Read what the new research has found.