Hello friends of CannaVigilance,
Another week brings you another bunch of first-hand information, and hopefully lots to learn. And as always, we keep a vigilant eye on cannabis news from around the world, including exciting developments in Israel, Italy, and Paraguay. So, have fun reading, and a marvellous start to the third month of this year!
Let’s put the consumer in the centre
In our latest blog article, we explained why consumer protection is important and included a first-person account from Rebecca Allen-Tapp. She shared her experience on the topic and provided insights on how companies can build trust with their clients.
Read the interview on consumer and patient protection in cannabis.
Learn more about QMS, SOPs and compliance
Did you watch our exciting first webinar with Cheeba yesterday? If not, don’t worry, as it’s not too late to discover the secrets of QMS, SOPs and compliance for commercial cannabis farms – we’ve got the recording waiting for you!
This is what is happening in Germany
Have you lost track of the status of cannabis legalisation in Germany? If you opened our special newsletter, you are probably up to date. If you have missed it, you can now also find it on our website.
Get up to speed with the report on the state of cannabis legalisation in Germany
Join the other side of this newsletter!
We are on the lookout for talented individuals helping us to shape the cannabis industry: a Junior Consultant for our office in Zurich, a Regional Sales Representative for Thailand and a Software Tester. If you know someone who could be a perfect fit feel free to share the job openings with your community.
A vigilant eye on cannabis news
- Rolling Stone has published a piece encouraging people to get involved in the cannabis industry. Read about how good it is here.
- Business in Lesotho, the first country in Africa to legalise medicinal grow, has stalled. The Guardian reports from Maseru.
- Thailand is heading into election season with its key cannabis legislation in limbo. Read about it!
- An Italian court has overturned a decree classifying hemp as a narcotic, siding with cannabis associations which argued for the use of the whole plant. Details here.
- Bad news from Spain where legalisation has been rejected again. Find out more.
- A cannabis harvest festival in a region of Paraguay usually known for drug trafficking has sparked hopes from local farmers that legalisation could follow. Click here for details.
- An Israeli company has launched a series of hybrid cannabis products produced with the aid of Artificial Intelligence. Find out more!
- …and on a lighter note: A cannabis distributor in Cologne is looking for a cannabis sommelier. Get more details.